Below are the job opportunities available. Click on a job title for more details.
UPE Resources, Inc. is currently seeking energetic entry level to industry experienced candidates who enjoy working outdoors. Our target is to identify candidates to work on utility systems as vegetation management arborists. Our field positions are ideal for professional minded individuals with an educational background in forestry, natural resource, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, or related disciplines and with exposure in these fields or line of work. The position is great for learning the utility industry and working to develop the necessary skills for a successful career.
This position would require a significant amount of customer interaction, educating and working with utility consumers, working with line clearance contractors and utility personnel. Our Arborists perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Forestry, Horticulture, Natural Resources and or related fields.
- Certified Arborist
- Ability to identify local trees and knowledge of growth rates
- Proficient computer skills, ability to work with computer programs and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to resolve customer concerns
- Basic knowledge of GIS systems/principles preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multitask; strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather
- Ability to read and follow maps
- Must be flexible in times of need, including working extended week nights and weekends
- Valid Driver License and ability to drive and operate a 4×4 vehicle
- 12 months experience in utility line clearance planning or 2 years
utility vegetation management experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Utility Electrical systems and utility practices
Experience working with data collection devices with GIS integration
- Integrated Vegetation Management Principles
- Experience coordinating resources/crews to meet production timeline
- Ability to handle conflict resolution
- Utility Specialist desired but not necessary for consideration
- Full Time position
- Employees become owners and receive company stock after 1 yr
- Company Vehicle/Gas Card for work related and commuting purposes
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
- UPE Resources offers excellent benefits for our employee and their families.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurances
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vacation, Holidays & Sick pay
- Employee Referral Program
UPE Resources is currently seeking experienced candidates for utility projects in Northern California. The ideal candidate will enjoy working outdoors and have an educational background in forestry, natural resource management, environmental science, or related disciplines. Education may be substituted with work experience in utility forestry or vegetation management.
This position will require extensive walking in rough terrain and under varying weather conditions. The project will cover multiple areas in Northern California and will require the ability to travel and stay in hotels on-site. All traveling expenses will be covered in addition to a per diem for food expenses. Our Foresters will need to possess the ability to identify tree species, inspect utility lines for clearance issues, read and interpret maps, and interact with utility consumers. Customer service skills are extremely helpful and beneficial to this position. All employment offers will be subject to union agreement.
- Knowledge of tree species and a desire to learn
- Ability to work outside, often in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Some knowledge of computers and ability to use Microsoft Teams or similar
- Valid Driver license / Good driving record
- Ability to travel and work independent of direct supervision
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred
- Ability to identify local trees and knowledge of growth rates desired
- Professional appearance & demeanor, we represent our clients to their customers.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends if required
Additional Information and Benefits
- UPE Resources offers competitive wages and excellent benefits
- Company provided vehicle for business use or vehicle reimbursement program (on approved vehicles)
- Company Cellphone
- Company Gas Card
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation after 1 year
- Paid holidays after 1 year
- Professional credential reimbursement & training
- $50 a day per diem, housing per diem available if away from residence
- Opportunities for advancement
- Employee referral program
- Stock purchase plan
This is a full-time position offering competitive pay based on experience. This position is an excellent opportunity to work outdoors in scenic Northern California. We are seeking qualified and experienced individuals interested in pursuing a rewarding career in urban forestry
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Our workforce is essential to keeping the power on for millions of Americans who are either working to fight COVID-19 or who are staying home to stay safe. At UPE Resources, our top priority is keeping our employees and those around us safe. Our business naturally lends itself to physical distancing; most of our employees work independently and are provided their own company vehicle, allowing them to avoid close contact with others. Safety has always been a core value and through this pandemic is no different. We have put in safety protocols and initiatives following the guidance of the CDC to keep our workers safe.
- Multiple locations
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- For those who have a love for the outdoors.
Please submit your information below: