UPE Resources, Inc. is currently seeking energetic entry level to industry experienced candidates who enjoy working outdoors. Our target is to identify candidates to work on utility systems as vegetation management arborists. Our field positions are ideal for professional minded individuals with an educational background in forestry, natural resource, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, or related disciplines and with exposure in these fields or line of work. The position is great for learning the utility industry and working to develop the necessary skills for a successful career.
This position would require a significant amount of customer interaction, educating and working with utility consumers, working with line clearance contractors and utility personnel. Our Arborist perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Forestry, Horticulture, Natural Resources and or related fields.
- Certified Arborist
- Ability to identify local trees and knowledge of growth rates
- Proficient computer skills, ability to work with computer programs and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to resolve customer concerns
- Basic knowledge of GIS systems/principles preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multitask; strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather
- Ability to read and follow maps
- Must be flexible in times of need, including working extended week nights and weekends
- Valid Driver License and ability to drive and operate a 4×4 vehicle
- 12 months experience in utility line clearance planning or 2 years utility vegetation management experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Utility Electrical systems and utility practices
- Experience working with data collection devices with GIS integration
- Integrated Vegetation Management Principles
- Experience coordinating resources/crews to meet production timeline
- Ability to handle conflict resolution
- Utility Specialist desired but not necessary for consideration Additional Information
- Full Time position
- Pay rate $30 -$40 / Hr.
- Company Vehicle/Gas Card for work related and commuting purposes
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
UPE Resources offers excellent benefits for our employee and their families.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurances
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vacation, Holidays & Sick pay
- 401k with company match
- Employee Referral Program